Application Deadline: January 31st 2014
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA), in collaboration with FARA, Yam-Pukri, CAFAN, AYF, ANAFE, SPC/PAFPNET ande-Agriculture is pleased to launch the 2nd Edition of the Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards).
This contest is organised in the framework of the ARDYIS project, which aims to raise youth awareness and improve their capacity on agricultural and rural development issues in ACP countries using Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs).
The aims of this blog competition are to:
- Put into limelight issues, successes and challenges faced by youth engaged in: agriculture in urban and rural areas;
- Encourage the production of information and the use of new information and communication technologies by young farmers’ groups and organisations interested in the “youth in agriculture” question;
- Promote the sharing of information on the issues of agriculture and rural development in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries.
Who can participate?
The YoBloCo Awards are open in two categories:
a. Individual category
This category is open to students in agricultural training courses, young farmers, journalists or other young people interested in ICT or agriculture.
b. Institutional category
This category is open to local or national
- young farmers’ organisations;
- young members of farmers’ organisations;
- young members of any organisation interested in agriculture, rural development and ICT.
For this competition, an organisation is understood as any type of non-profit or for-profit association, cooperative, forum, network or related grouping, excluding government institutions. Organisations that receive funding from governments but are not formal governmental institutions can be eligible if they fulfil all criteria.
If the organisation or grouping submitting an entry is not officially registered in the country, it should be recommended, via a letter of recommendation, by a national partner organisation, which is officially registered.
How to participate?
Individuals or organisations who wish to submit a blog and take part in the competition will have about 4 months to prepare or update their blogs with content related to agriculture . Blogs and all required information/documents will be submitted via an online form between December and January 2014
A. Individual category
- 1st Prize: 1,500 Euros
- 2nd Prize: 1,000 Euros
- 3rd Prize: 800 Euros
B. Institutional category
- 3000 Euros per region (West Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa, East Africa, Caribbean and Pacific)
C. Special Prizes
- Best female blogger: 1000 Euros (only individual blogs will be eligible for this prize)
- Best blog on Family Farming (see Note 4 below): 1000 Euros (an individual or institutional blog may be eligible for this prize)
- Best blogs with business potential: at least two blogs will be selected, out of the best finalist individual blogs selected by the public, to receive mentorship and incubation opportunities (See Note 5 below)
- A number of runners-up in will receive a certificate of participation
Winning blogs and other best blogs will be promoted by CTA and its partners’ various channels. In addition, authors of winning blog or other best blogs will have the opportunity to be involved in future activities of CTA or its partners.
Launch of the competition: 8 October 2013
Submission of Blogs: 2 December 2013 – 31 January 2014
Online Evaluation (public): February – March 2014
Jury Evaluation: April – May 2014
Winners Announced: June 2014
For More Information:
ARDYIS project/ICT4D Programme
Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation ACP-EU (CTA)
Email : email@example.com
Telephone: +31 (0)317 467 100