APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30 2014
The United Nations University-WIDER PhD Internship Programme gives registered doctoral students an opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research, and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
PhD interns typically spend 2-3 months at UNU-WIDER and return to their home institution afterwards. During their time in Helsinki, PhD interns prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. PhD interns may also have the opportunity to publish their research in UNU-WIDER’s working paper series.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills. P
- reference is given to applicants who are living or working in developing countries and who are at later stages of the PhD.
- UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 1,500 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their internship
- The programme does not cover expenses related to dependents.
- UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the PhD Internship Programme twice each year.
- Deadlines for submission of applications are 31 March and 30 September 23:59 EET each year.
- Short-listed applicants will be informed by email of the final decision within four weeks of the closing deadline.
- The selected applicants must confirm their decision to take up UNU-WIDER’s offer two weeks after being contacted.
If you are interested in participating in this programme you should complete and submit the application form.
- online application form