Master Programme: February 1st 2014
Training Programme: Ongoing
VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from 54 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to follow a training or master programme at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium. The training and master programmes are taught in English. They are designed to enable graduates to assume positions of responsibility in their country of origin.
- The candidate is a resident AND national of one of the countries on the country list (not necessarily the same country for residence and nationality).
- The candidate is not older than 40 years* when applying for a scholarship to follow a master programme or not older than 45 years* when applying for a scholarship to follow a training programme.
- The candidate was not enrolled in a master (or equivalent) programme (with or without a scholarship) at a Flemish university before.
- VLIR-UOS targets applicants from research institutes, higher education institutions, the government sector (national/subnational), the sector of social economy, an international organization or an NGO, with expertise in matters relevant to development.
The scholarships cover all related expenses
Scholars are entitled to one return ticket in economy class per stay in Belgium, including necessary national flights.
International Master Programmes 2014-2015
- Master of Science in Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Science in Globalisation and Development
- Master of Science in Governance and Development
- Master of Science in Human Settlements
International Master Programmes 2014-2016
- Master of Science in Aquaculture
- Master of Science in Biology – Specialisation Human Ecology
- Master of Science in Statistics – Specialisation Biostatistics
- Master of Science in Environmental Sanitation
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans & Lakes)
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology (IPMB)
- Master of Science in Nematology
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Rural Development
- Master of Science in Physical Land Resources
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Science in Water Resources Engineering
International Training Programmes 2014
- [email protected] : Management of Electronic Information and Digital Libraries
- AudioVisual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
- Human Rights for Development (‘HR4DEV’) – applications possible from January onwards
- Road safety in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Challenges and Strategies for Improvement
- Technology for Integrated Water Management
- Dairy Nutrition
- International Training Programme in Food Safety, Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Analysis