Application Deadline: October 31, 2014.
Akademie Schloss Solitude sponsors young artists, scholars, scientists, and economic professionals via residency fellowships. 50 to 70 fellowships are allocated every 24 months. Akademie Schloss Solitude has 45 studios at its disposal.
Fellowships are granted for three to twelve months.
- Persons up to 35 or if older who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply.
- Currently enrolled university or college students (at the time of application) will not be considered for selection.
- Several fellowships are also awarded regardless of the applicant’s age.
- It is possible to complete a project within the framework of the fellowship.
- One of the following three languages is assumed: German, English or French.
- International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines:
- Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning),
- Visual Arts (including performance art),
- Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance),
- Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication),
- Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation),
- Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition) and
- Video/Film/New Media (including video installation, fiction and documentary).
Furthermore, scholars, scientists and professionals from the disciplines of the Humanities, Social Sciences, Economy/Economics as well as for this round’s special discipline Culture & Law are invited to apply.
- The Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship is a residence fellowship. It is expected that the fellows spend at least two-thirds of their residency at Akademie Schloss Solitude.
The fellowship includes the following:
- A combined apartment / studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge.
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,100 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence).The Akademie may also offer additional financial supplements, depending on its respective budget situation.
- A supplement for so-called double housekeeping (subsidy for apartment or studio costs); freight cost subsidy for the transport of materials, tools and instruments to and from Stuttgart; a project promotion subsidy and a one-time materials subsidy; in the case of non-German guests (from non EU-countries), assumption of part of their health insurance expenses.
- The use of the workshops owned by Akademie Schloss Solitude under the supervision of the technical director, are free of charge for fellowship holders.
- In light of the historical character and architectural substance of the building, the combined apartment/studios are generally only suitable for one person. In special cases the Akademie will consider allocating two studios for families.
- All artists invited to stay at Akademie Schloss Solitude are obliged to establish residence in Stuttgart for the duration of the grant (compulsory registration).
For More Information: