Application Deadline: 31st August 2015
The African Climate and Development Initiative invites applications for 2 scholarships that are available to fund the completion of the MSc/MPhil degree specializing in Climate Change and Sustainable Development at the University of Cape Town in 2016.
The scholarships have been made available by the ASSAR (Adaptation at Scale in Semi-Arid Regions) research project. ASSAR is a 5 year, multi-institution, IDRC (International Development Research Centre) and DFID (United Kingdom’s Department for International Development) funded project.
- are required to have attained an Honours or 4-year Bachelor’s degree
- should have applied and been accepted onto the Master’s programme in Climate Change and Sustainable Development, as outlined at : http://acdi.uct.ac.za/mscmphil-climate-change-and-development;
- are required to register for full-time study in the relevant department at the university of Cape Town;
- should intend to conduct a research project at an ASSAR study site and on a topic related to ASSAR, and must conduct their research on adaptation to climate change in semi-arid regions.
- are required to undertake to comply with the university’s approved policies and practices for the postgraduate sector.
Suitable candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- a letter of application including research interests and motivation,
- a curriculum vitae
- the names and contact details of, or reference letters, from at least two academics who have taught, supervised or worked alongside the applicant.
Enquiries should be directed to Dian Spear: [email protected]
Complete applications must be submitted to Rabia Karriem: [email protected] by no later than 31 August 2015
For More Information: