Application Deadline: December 3rd 2014
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are offered to doctors and dentists from developing Commonwealth countries to enable them to spend between three and six months at a UK hospital undertaking a programme designed to enhance their clinical skills. These fellowships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Awards are tenable for between three months and six months; experience suggests that a minimum of 4 months is sensible. Awards are tenable at any approved UK University Hospital.
Nominations for Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are invited from specific developing country universities. These universities are responsible for advertising the fellowships to their staff and selecting candidates to be nominated to the CSC.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (a full list is available at http://bit.ly/cscuk-developing-cw-countries)
- Be employed by a hospital affiliated to a university which is eligible to nominate candidates to the Commission
- Be available to commence their Medical Fellowship in the United Kingdom on 1 O ctober 2015
- Have qualified as either a doctor or dentist between 1 October 2005 and 30 September 2008, or before 1 October 2000
- Met the English language requirements of the General Medical Council (GMC) or General Dental Council (GDC) by 6 March 2015. Further information is available at http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/registration_applications/13680.asp or http://www.gdc-uk.org/dentalprofessionals/ore/pages/before-you-apply.aspx
- The level of financial support given towards the costs of family maintenance in the UK is under review and is subject to change in terms of both eligibility and rate availability
How to apply
- All applications must be made through a nominating university in your home country. You must check with them in the first instance for specific advice on how to make an application and for their own closing date.
- All Commonwealth Medical Fellowship candidates must submit their application form using the Electronic Application System (EAS).
- The EAS will close to all applicants on 3 December 2014 and no further applications can be submitted after that date.
For More Information: