Application Deadline: December 1st 2015
Airbus is challenging students to develop innovative ideas for aviation’s future with the launch of the fourth edition of its global competition: Fly Your Ideas 2015.
Fly Your Ideas is a biennial contest which provides a unique opportunity for students to work together in diverse teams to stretch their imaginations and consider how to reinvent the norms associated with air travel – from incremental changes to completely reconsidering the aircraft industry as we know it today.
The biennial competition – supported by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) – enables students to put their classroom learning and research to the test, working on real-world challenges to explore ground-breaking new concepts and solutions. This contest offers students an exceptional learning opportunity by working with a team of aviation professionals to apply their creativity for a chance of winning €30,000 and a week behind the scenes at Airbus.
- Fly Your Ideas is open to students of any nationality or discipline – from engineering to marketing; science to design – enabling them to develop skills for a wide range of future careers.
- The competition involves three increasingly competitive rounds leading to the final.
- The teams, composed of 3-5 students each, are supported by an academic mentor from one of the team member’s institutions for the first round, for the first round, in which they pitch their innovative idea addressing key challenges for aviation.
Finalists are selected to present their project to Airbus and industry experts during a live finale – with the top team winning €30,000, and €15,000 going to the runner-up.
- No more than 100 teams are selected for the second round, where each team is assigned an Airbus mentor from volunteers across the company and an Airbus expert to provide support as they develop their ideas into a detailed project.
- Five teams are then chosen for Round 3 with these finalists delivering a presentation during a live final, which is judged by a panel of Airbus and industry experts.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Fly your Ideas with Airbus Competition
[…] 5th edition of the Airbus Fly Your Ideas global student challenge, organized under the patronage of UNESCO, has launched. Students around the world with a passion for […]