Application Deadline: April 10th 2015 (Central European Time)
The Erasmus Mundus programme Al Fihri is a partnership established between 11 North African’s Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in five targeted countries (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) and 9 European HEIs from 8 different countries (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal and Spain) within the framework of the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Strand 1 Lot 1
All participating universities have ample experience in international co-operation and academic exchange. The mobility scheme proposed for the project foresees the mobility of 203 grantees between Europe and North Africa.
The types of mobility are:
- Post docs
- Administrative and academic staff
Undergraduate: From one academic semester to 6 months
Master: 6 months
Doctorate Sandwich: 6 months
Post-doctorate: 6 months
Staff: 1 month
The Erasmus Mundus Fatima Al Fihri is grant programme to carry out academic activities in North Africa and in Europe.
In order to be an eligible candidate it is required to:
For North African students and staff:
1. Must be a NATIONAL of one of the third-countries: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt or Libya.
2. Belong to the Target Group 1 or Target Group 2 or Target Group 3 (see below Target Group description)
3. Must have NOT RESIDED NOR HAVE CARRIED OUT THEIR MAIN ACTIVITY (studies, work, etc) FOR MORE THAN A TOTAL OF 12 MONTHS OVER THE LAST FIVE YEARS in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. (This rule does not apply to Target group 3 candidates).
4. Proof of language level required by the host university.
Please note that undergraduate students must have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home institution at first higher education level.
DESCRIPTION OF TARGET GROUPS:
TARGET GROUP 1: Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who are registered or work in one of the third-country HEIs member of the partnership at the time of submitting their application to the partnership.
TARGET GROUP 2: Are nationals of North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) who:
- Are registered/work in a higher education institution of these countries that are not included in the partnership (students and staff);
- Have obtained a university degree or equivalent by an institution of these countries (students only). This includes the possibility of providing mobility opportunities to third-country nationals working in public administration, public and private enterprises and non-profit organizations.
TARGET GROUP 3: Nationals North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Libya) concerned by the geographical lot who are in particularly vulnerable situations, for social and political reasons.
For More Information: