Application Deadline: February 1st 2020
The ICP « Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries » offers a 2-year multidisciplinary master programme with a unique focus and approach to Road Safety in Developing Countries. The programme is supported by VLIR UOS and has 12 scholarships available each year.
Students are trained to identify transportation and road safety issues in order to create innovative solutions by using an integrative approach based on three pillars: the individual (dealing with the human behaviour in traffic and how to influence it e.g. intentional and unintentional riskful behaviour such as drunk driving or cognitive impairments), the environment (e.g. creating self-explaining roads and infrastructure that minimizes crash impact) and the society (e.g. societal norms and translation into policy and enforcement measures). Road safety in this programme is approached as a cross-border field, incorporating elements of psychology, economy, urban planning, environmental studies, engineering and more.
- Nationality and country of residence:
Be a national and resident of one of the below 31 countries:
- Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger
- Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam
- Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru
The maximum age for a master programme scholarship is 35 (on 1st January 2019).
- Monthly allowance: € 1150/month (for cost of meals, transport, personal expenses and accommodation)
- 1- time payment for indirect travel costs: € 150
- 1- time payment for logistical allowance: € 850
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
STEP 1. Fill in an online application form
Make sure all required fields have been filled in and all required documents have been uploaded.
Important notes for the registration:
- page STUDY PROGRAMME: select « Master of Transportation Sciences – Traffic Safety »
- page LEARNING ACCOUNT: if you have not yet obtained a degree in Belgium, the balance of your learning account is 140
- page SUCCESS RATE: if you weren’t enrolled at Hasselt University in the previous year, skip this page and proceed to the next page of the application form
- If you are eligible to apply for the ICP scholarship, you will see this on the page FINANCES of the online application. To apply for the scholarship, you have to select the option « YES » for « application for a VLIR-ICP scholarship ».
STEP 2. VLIR UOS scholarship application form
To apply for the ICP scholarship, you have to follow a specific procedure. You will find more information about this procedure on the VLIR-application form, which you can download at the top of the UP/DOWNLOAD page of your online application form.
STEP 3. Send hard copies of your application by post
- printout of the VLIR-UOS scholarship application form
- hard copies of legalised* degree certificates and academic transcripts
- hard copies of additional necessary documents (certified English translations of diplomas and degrees, proof of English proficiency, 2 letters of recommendation, passport picture, …): see checklist
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the VLIR UOS /ICP Master of Transportation Sciences Scholarships 2019/2020
[…] L’ICP «Master of Transportation Sciences – Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Count… propose un programme de master multidisciplinaire de 2 ans avec une approche et une approche uniques de la sécurité routière dans les pays en développement. Le programme est soutenu par VLIR UOS et dispose de 12 bourses disponibles chaque année. […]