Application Deadline: 30th August 2017.
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government funded scholarship, administered by Education New Zealand. The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2016
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
- New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
- New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
- Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
How to Apply:
Please visit the Study In New Zealand webpage to apply for this scholarship.
NZIDRS 2017 deadline: 30th August 2017.
For More Information: