Application Deadline: 15 July 2016.
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government funded scholarship, administered by Education New Zealand. The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
- You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
- You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
- If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
- You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
- New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
- New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
- Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
- Download and complete an NZIDRS Application Form (available below)
- Answer all questions by completing all fields and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand. Applications must be received by 15 July 2016.
All documents are available in Microsoft Word format.
For More Information: