Application Deadline: Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1700hrs.
The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation working to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of women and men.
In its Higher Education Programme, PASGR works with twelve universities across seven African countries to implement a collaborative Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme. Seven of the twelve universities are located in East Africa:
University of Nairobi; Maseno University; Egerton University; Uganda Christian University; Uganda Martyrs University; University of Dar es Salaam; and Mzumbe University.
Scholarship awardees will be hosted at any one of these institutions.
PASGR invites applications from eligible candidates for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for the MRPP. The scholarships include tuition fees to the university according to the submitted fees structure, a monthly stipend to cover living costs and accommodation (at DAAD rates), as well as an annual study and research allowance.
- Eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study the Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme at any of the universities listed above.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least a second class honours upper division from any accredited university.
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
Note: Potential candidates who are not enrolled in the programme are advised to contact any of the universities listed above directly for admission first. Prospective students may request admission at a university within or outside their home country.
Duration and commencement:
- Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years.
- The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application using this form.
- Fully filled and signed PASGR Scholarship Application Form;
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF. Please use the Europass CV template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates;
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts;
- Proof of admission to the Master of Research and Public Policy, which may be a temporary admission letter including fee structure of the course (scanned PDF copy);
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages in PDF); and,
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy).
Application procedure and deadline:
A complete application form must be sent to PASGR – [email protected] – together with all the application documents listed above by Monday, February 20, 2017 at 1700hrs.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD Scholarships for the Master of Research and Public Policy 2017/18
[…] The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation working to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of women and men. […]