Application Deadline: JUNE 15, 2016
- Do you dream of studying at the undergraduate level at Stanford University or the University of Chicago?
Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program (OSSP), OC provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian students, who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree at Stanford University or University of Chicago in the United States. Undergraduate degrees will be in the fields of Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management aiming to boost Egypt’s economic competitiveness.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities and entrepreneurial initiative. The scholarship will include full tuition, living allowance, travel and health insurance.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development reserves the right to reject any application at its sole discretion at any time prior to an official award of the scholarship.
- GPA 3.5/90% in Thanaweyya Amma (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- IBT TOEFL: 100 or above
- SAT I: 2100 or above
- Reading: 700
- Math: 700
- Writing: 700
- SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above
- Extracurricular Activities
Successful Candidates should:
- Meet the above criteria.
- Plan to study in the United States in the year 2017.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residing in Egypt (Preference will not be given to Dual nationality applicants).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
Note: The OSSP undergarduate scholarship is to Stanford University or the University of Chicago only. Selection as a nominee for the OSSP scholarship does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying to these universities if nominated for the scholarship; the OSSP scholarship award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
Please submit to AMIDEAST:
- Application form
- Copy of test scores (SAT I, SAT II & IBT TOEFL)
- Copy of transcript
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate
- Copy of extracuricular activities
- Two recommendation letters