Application Deadline: April 1, 2015
The Faculty of Law – Amsterdam Law School – aims to attract talented students to its LLM programmes. Amsterdam Merit Scholarships are available for those who completed their LLB degree with flying colours.
Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship when they meet the following criteria:
- They have completed an LLB degree with an average grade of 7.5 (on a scale from 1-10) and been admitted to one of the Amsterdam Law School’s LLM programmes.
- No more than five years have elapsed between obtaining the LLB degree and starting the LLM programme.
- They have not already obtained an LLM or any other master degree, and have not been granted another scholarship.
The eligibility assessment will be made on the basis of an AMS motivation letter, grade point average, resume, motivation letter and letters of reference regarding your academic qualities.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of scholarships that can be awarded, only the most outstanding candidates will be awarded a scholarship.
How to apply?
Applicants should write an AMS motivation letter describing in no more than 500 words their motivation to receive the scholarship. The letter should be addressed to the Director of the Amsterdam Graduate School of Law, Professor M.Y.A. Zieck.
This letter should be accompanied by the other required application documents:
- Printed version of the completed online application form
- Certified copy of university transcript including grades
- Certified copy of university diploma
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of reference
- Curriculum vitae
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents must be sent to:
University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam Law School
P.O. Box 1030
NL-1000 BA Amsterdam
When to apply?
Applications must be sent before April 1, 2015 with respect to scholarships for the academic year 2015-2016.
Only students who are admitted to one of the LLM programmes of the Amsterdam Law School can be awarded a scholarship. Students will be selected on the basis of academic merit. Decisions will be made in May/June 2015. Applicants will be informed before July 1, 2015.
The scholarship consists of either €6,000, € 9,000 or € 12,000. In the first month of study – September 2015 – the student will be paid €1000. The remainder of the scholarship will be paid in 12 monthly instalments. Note that the scholarship can not be used as a tuition waiver; the applicant must pay the full amount of the tuition due (€12,000).
For More Information: