Application Deadline: Tuesday 15th March 2017 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University and Egerton University are implementing an eight year program aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation. This is eight year program (2016-2024) and will be supporting students that are economically disadvantaged, those from post-conflict and conflict affected areas of Africa. Interested applicants will undertake their training at Gulu University and Egerton University.
Under this partnership, 110 undergraduate and 110 masters scholarships will be provided over a period of eight years. The scholarships target; academically deserving yet
economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities and those coming from conflict and post conflict areas of Africa. The scholarships are tenable at Egerton University in Kenya and Gulu University in Uganda.
- Students enrolled under this scholarship program will receive comprehensive scholarships, leadership development, life skills support, entrepreneurship training and mentorship and exposure to community engagement.
- For the academic year 2017/2018, 20 undergraduate and 10 masters scholarships are available of which 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals.
- For undergraduate scholarships, 60% will be awarded to female applicants and 50% at masters.
The RUFORUM Technical Committee (RTC) has identified the following priority programs for the academic year 2017/2018 as eligible for application and to be supported.
1. Bachelor of Science in Agri-Entrepreneurship and Communication
2. Bachelor of Science in Food and Agribusiness
3. Master of Science in Food Security and Community Nutrition
4. Master of Science in Agri-Enterprises Development
1. Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
2. Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
3. Master of Science in Community Studies and Extension
4. Master of Science in Agri-Enterprise Development
- This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, dissent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa.
- The applicant has to be in position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above.
- Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinue
- Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice.
- Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice.
- Application forms can also be downloaded from the following websites: RUFORUM (www.ruforum.org; http:// www.ruforum.org/MCF/); Gulu University (http://www.
gu.ac.ug) and Egerton University (http://www.egerton.ac.ke).
- Applicants are encouraged to carefully study the application guidelines and provide all the required information and documents prior to submitting the application.
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply. Application submission Applications can be submitted in hard copy or by email attachment to program coordinators in the university of choice.
- Applications (PDF) by email attachment should not be more than 1 MB two file attachment (university admission and scholarship application).
- The deadline to apply for the 2017/2018 The [email protected] Scholarships is Tuesday 15th March 2017 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
For More Information: