Application Deadline: June 30, 2014.
When: Wednesday, May 27 – Thursday, June 18, 2015
Who: Applications accepted only from citizens and residents of: Brazil, People’s Republic of China,
Ghana, India, Israel, Kenya, Malaysia, Poland, and Russian Federation.
Each year, a group of 20-24 emerging leaders from different regions of the world are selected to
become Ford Fellows of 92nd Street Y.
The program includes a three-week residency in New York City and ongoing communication before and after the residency via telephone and email. Fellows are expected to complete reading, writing and group assignments prior to their residency to maximize the value of their fellowship experience and after their residency to evaluate its impact and success.
A successful applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
- is a community leader engaged in the nonprofit sector, either professionally or as a volunteer;
- is successfully addressing issues that affect the community’s well-being; and
- would benefit from an intensive three-week nonprofit management training course in New York.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, with several years of leadership experience.
- Candidates should be emerging leaders addressing issues whose resolution can have a significant positive impact on their communities, on their countries, and—collectively—on the world.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluency in English, have valid passports, and have regular access to a computer and the Internet. They may not be current recipients of other fellowships.
FEES AND SERVICES COVERED
Airfare, accommodation, food, transportation, instruction, and other program-related expenses
are included in the fellowship. Each participant receives a stipend upon arrival.
Applications must be postmarked or emailed by June 30, 2014.
*PLEASE NOTE: Only applications from the 2015 participating countries (Brazil, People’s
Republic of China, Ghana, India, Israel, Kenya, Malaysia, Poland, and the Russian Federation)
will be considered.
If you are eligible for the program and wish to apply, please complete the enclosed application
form and email to: [email protected]
For More Information: