Application Deadline: March 31st 2015
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2015 International Fellowships.
This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.
- You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding to this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan
- Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
- The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee.
- The duration of your stay in Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant
- This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2015 and March 2016 depending on your proposal.
- One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be paid within 40 days after the initial payment. However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total) may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in Japan.
If selected, you must:
For More Information: