Application deadline: June 1st, 2015
The MITx Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is a nexus connecting entrepreneurs from around the world to the entrepreneurial ecosystem surrounding the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) will open its doors this summer to students to learn innovation-driven entrepreneurship in the spirit of mens et manus. Entrepreneurs participating in the MITx Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp will start a company in one week and pitch their startup to a panel of investors, giving them a taste of “drinking from a firehose” that all MIT students experience.
MIT will also host the inaugural MITx Global Entrepreneurship Teachers Bootcamp for entrepreneurs and educators interested in teaching and mentoring the next generation of entrepreneurs. Teachers will participate in a three-day bootcamp before getting hands-on experience teaching and mentoring startup teams at the MITx Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp.
Admission to the MITx Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamps are highly selective, based on five criteria:
- Entrepreneurial potential
- Focus on excellence
- Contribution to community
- Intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative spirit
Admissions will be made on a rolling basis. Admissions and scholarships will be awarded based on merit.
- MIT will award scholarships to several admitted participants with exceptional entrepreneurial potential based on merit. The scholarship will cover tuition, room and board, and travel to MIT.
- Please send your resume
- Please send your startup pitch. In 200 words or less, your startup pitch should answer the following questions:
- What problem are you solving?
- Who is your customer?
- What is your solution?
- What can you do for your customer?
Application deadline: June 1, 2015
Scholarship announcement: June 15, 2015
Bootcamp: August 23-28, 2015