Application Deadline: 24 April 2015.
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2015 Lighthouse Activities is on! Applications are being accepted from 21 January to 24 April. Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!
Who can apply?
Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2015 Lighthouse Activity.
Who should apply?
If your institution has successfully implemented a project, initiative, program or other activity that addresses climate change mitigation or adaptation while focusing on one of the four areas outlined below, we would like to hear about it.
The 2015 call for applications includes the following four areas of focus:
Urban Poor, recognizing activities addressing climate change while improving the lives of the urban poor in developing countries.
Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
ICT Solutions, recognizing successful climate change mitigation or adaptation activities that produce measurable results.
Why should you apply?
- If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the 2015 UN Climate Change Conference in Paris, France;
- access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- public relations support and media training; high-quality promotional videos and podcasts;
- a dedicated page about your project on momentum for change website; and graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.
How to apply?
To start a new application, register in our online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, 24 April 2015.
For More Information: