Review Cycle A submission deadline is: March 1, 2015
Review Cycle B submission deadline is: May 3, 2015
Launched in 2013, the Grameen Foundation Fellowship is a unique opportunity for talented business and technology professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on field experience in the social sector. Each 12-month field placement is individually tailored to match your skills and interests with the needs of Grameen Foundation and its partners around the world.
During their year in the field, the Fellows work with some of the brightest minds in social innovation on projects designed to accelerate the impact, scale and sustainability of some of the world’s most promising organizations committed to alleviating global poverty. All Fellows receive monthly stipends, group orientation, and ongoing professional development training.
- Since most placements will be with Grameen Foundation teams, Grameen looks for expertise in the areas of financial services, health, agriculture, mobile technology, and social entrepreneurship.
- Fellowship placements will likely be in Africa (particularly Uganda, Ghana, and Kenya),
- Latin America (particularly Colombia and Nicaragua),
- Asia (particularly India and the Philippines), and the Middle East.
- Hands-On-Field Experience
- One Year Program, running from September through August
- Placements with Grameen Foundation Teams and Partner Organizations
- Pre-Departure Training, Ongoing Support
- Professional and Career Development, including participation in Grameen Foundation mentoring, Communities of Practice, career planning and thought leadership opportunities.
- Local living and Supplemental Health Insurance Stipend included
- Financial and logistical support during relocation
- Diverse skill sets recruited, including business development, consulting, financial analysis, product development and marketing
1) Written Application
2) Group Interviews
3) Individual Interviews
Written Application Deadline March 1