Application Deadline: 1st April 2015
RNTC Fellowships are unlike NFP fellowships PARTIAL: they cover the course fee (up to 50%), not the costs for travel and accommodation. The number of fellowships that RNTC can provide, however, is small.
RNTC’s Fellowships are available for professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from the following countries (a combined NFP list and low-middle-income countries according to the World Bank criteria):
Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Lesotho, Macedonia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- To have a minimum of three years working experience in the media/NGO sector
- To have successfully followed secondary education, and professional education or training in media
- To speak and write in English (the course language) sufficiently
- To submit a letter of motivation in English (150-250 words) explaining he reasons for applying for the course, its relevance to your work and that of your organisation, and its potential contribution to enhancing the performance and the capacity of both
- To complete our admissions requirements at the beginning of the course we need to see the original (or if you prefer a properly certified copy) of your most recent educational qualification in secondary or higher education. Please make sure you bring this with you since we will ask to see it on the opening day of the course.
The scholarships will be awarded on academic and professional merit. When applying for the course, applicants must submit:
- Letter of motivation (150-200 words), explaining why they think they qualify for one of these scholarships
- Completed registration form
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English
Scholarship applications will have to be uploaded in ROSA, RNTC’s Online System for Applications. They will be reviewed by a panel of professionals from RNTC, on a first come first served basis. The decision will be non-negotiable.
All Programmes have different deadlines. Please see the relevant course pages for this information. The RNTC deadlines are set four to six weeks before the start of the course. Next to the application deadlines at RNTC, there are fellowship application deadlines. Please note that some fellowship programmes require much earlier submission dates.
-For Multimedia Journalism: 1st December 2014( Full course, Module 1 (Radio/TV Journalism), 1 February 2015 (Module 2 (Multimedia Journalism).
-Broadcast Management: 15 August 2014 (September 2014) and 15 April 2015 (June 2015).
-for Data Journalism: 1st April 2014.
-Educational Programme-making: 1st September 2014.
-Facts & Formats: Sexual and Reproductive Health: 15 February 2015 (March – 24 April, 2015)
-Financial Management for Broadcast Managers: 1st September 2014 (October 2014).
-Inside International Justice: 1 October 2014.
-Mastering Social Media for journalists: 1st December 2014 (30 January 2015).
-Multimedia Journalism: 1st December 2014.
-Multimedia Journalism & Water: 15 September 2014.
-Online Journalism: 1 April 2015.
-Radio/TV Journalism: 1st December 2014
– Soaps and Society: 1st September 2014
-Training the Trainers: 1st August 2014
-Using Media for Development: 1st April 2015 (May 2015).
Information and enquiries: [email protected]