Application Deadline: April 30 2015
The SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme will provide awards of three years’ duration to enable African scientists in sub-Saharan Africa to partner with UK-based institutions.
The SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme, aimed at supporting collaborative research projects between researchers in the UK and researchers in sub-Saharan Africa. The programme will focus on, but not be restricted to Ghana and Tanzania.
The SABMiller Royal Society Exchange Programme will concentrate on three research areas:
- Water and Sanitation – including water engineering and irrigation, waste water management, and other related projects
- Agriculture (except animal or veterinary science) and Crop Science (land, soil management and crop production)
- Renewable Energy – including solar-/wind-/hydro-energies, energy capture and storage and other related projects
The applicant must:
- have a PhD or equivalent research experience
- hold a permanent or fixed term contract in an eligible university or research institute which must span the duration of the project
- Countries Covered: Sub-Saharan Africa but with a focus on, but not limited to Ghana and Tanzania
Collaborations should be based on a single project between “the applicant” (UK based scientist) and “co-applicant” (African based scientist).
Value and tenure
The award will cover the costs of:
- travel and subsistence up to £5,000 per year for training purposes
- funds up to £2,000 per year for research costs
The award lasts for 3 years. The total value of the award over 3 years is £21,000.
- Application Deadline: April 30th 2015
- Results Available: Results will be released by email in August 2015
- Start Date: The Award must start between 1 September 2015 and 31 March 2016
For More Information: