Dates: 19th-24th July 2015
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25th May 2015
Spark* finds and supports these Changemakers and connects them with opportunities that will help them grow their impact, bringing more people out of poverty
Spark is looking for Kenyan social entrepreneurs who:
- Have already launched a social enterprise that is already making a difference in the lives of tens of people living in poverty.
- Want to scale their social enterprise to impact many more people living in poverty.
The Spark* Changemaker Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate Kenyans who are at the early stages of building social businesses and organisations that exist to make a difference for people living in poverty. If you are successful in your application you:
– ATTEND THE CHANGEMAKER ACCELERATOR –
- An intensive five day live-in workshop in Nairobi where you join a small group of Spark* Changemakers and access world class social entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your non-profit or business and accelerate the growth of your venture.
– ACCESS THE CHANGEMAKER SUPPORT NETWORK –
- Beyond the accelerator you receive ongoing training and support from Spark* International and we connect you to experts and professionals who can help you as you launch and grow your non-profit or social business.
- Specifically Spark will provide you with three years of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for you as a social entrepreneur working to grow your venture).
- You also have the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (approximately 15,000-20,000 KSH) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture.
– ACCESS POWERFUL CONNECTIONS –
- Spark* is an official pipeline partner with a number of powerful organisations that can help you scale a proven social enterprise including Ashoka, Echoing Green and the Unreasonable Institute as well as impact investors to help you raise capital if you are a social enterprise.
- Each successful applicant are asked to contribute 10,000 KSH to the cost of the program. This amount helps Spark* provide you with 5 days of accommodation, food, transport and world class training as well as three years of ongoing support and connections.
- The cost to Spark* is much higher but Spark request that you make this contribution to help us cover a small portion of the expenses we will incur.
- If you are not able to make 10,000 KSH contribution, you are encouraged to seek sponsorship from friends, family, or your community.
You will be notified of the status of your application by the 15th of June 2015.
For More Information: