Application Deadline: 12th July 2015
The Refinery is an invitation only training programme designed to identify and train high caliber young people for opportunities in the investment finance sector, this includes Investment Banks, Asset Management firms and Brokerage houses.
During the programme, eligible candidates will undergo training (refining) to develop the skills that leading investment finance firms want to see.
This involves learning technical skills including financial analysis, company valuation and financial modelling as well as soft skills like communication, presentation, etc that you need to excel in any revenue generating role in leading investment finance institutions. Classes are taught by past or current employees of leading financial institutions.
Class sizes are kept small and intimate to provide the best learning environment and as such positions for seats at The Refinery are very competitive.
Following the training, candidates will also be given exclusive access to interview with investment finance firms towards securing an internship or full time employment. So far, graduates of The Refinery have gone on to positions in prestigious firms like Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, ARM, Afrinvest, Renaissance Capital, P&G, Capital Craft, amongst others.
The programme is targeted at undergraduates of ANY discipline and graduates who completed National Service less than 6 months ago.
The Ideal Candidate
The typical candidate for The Refinery should;
- Be in at least 200 level of ANY COURSE in ANY UNIVERSITY and not be more than 6 months post National Service
- Have top grades, preferably first class or second class upper (a second class lower grade can be considered for candidates with stellar extracurricular experience)
- Have strong quantitative skills
- Have strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate smoothly, intelligently, articulately and concisely in written and spoken forms
- Have previous leadership or business experience
- Have an interest and passion for Finance OR Information Technology. However, it is not compulsory that the candidate have studied a finance related course
- Be up for a challenge and desire to build a career with a top notch global financial powerhouse
- The training typically runs on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) for between 6 – 8 weeks (6 weeks for undergraduates, 8 weeks for graduates) and based in our Lagos training center. Selected candidates who stay more than 4 hours drive from Lagos or who are based outside Nigeria will be a part of the training via the internet.
- During the programme, candidates will go through class based sessions covering various topics essential to gaining a solid technical skill set in Finance as well as receive training on CV and Cover Letter writing and interviewing skills.
- Candidates will also be expected to complete take home study materials and assignments.
- At the end of the programme, candidates will be expected to present a project in the form of a trading portfolio or investment banking pitch to a panel of industry experts.
- Application is reviewed by TalentMine
- Shortlisted candidates are communicated to and scheduled for an interview within 2 weeks of application closing date
- Following the interview successful candidates are invited to The Refinery
- Trainings are both on site at a our Lagos training center as well as offsite via reading materials and assignments
- Candidates are given exclusive access to interview with recruiters from the world’s top financial institutions and begin internships and full time programmes
For More Information: