Application Deadline: Sunday, September 18, 2016
Institut Français du Nigeria and Goethe-Institut Nigeria are organizing a second Electronic Music workshop as a follow-up to the very successful first edition that took place in 2015. The workshop is aimed at expanding the scope of Nigerian music’s already booming scene and previously featured 6 participants DJs and music producers.
Nigeria boasts a very rich musical tradition. Alongside the traditional music forms and percussion-based style found in its diverse cultural regions, the scene has,over time, been shaped by Western influences from the 50s and 60s (Highlife and Afrobeat) through the 80s and 90s (Hip hop and R & B). At the turn of the millennium, increasingly electronic elements came into the various music styles, which nonetheless retained their traditional rhythmic structures.
Taking this into consideration, the two partner organizations– with additional support from the Franco-German Cultural Fund – will once again select a small number of Nigerian DJs /electronic music producers to take part in a 9 day Electronic Music workshop, labeled “Electronic Soundscapes”.
Facilitated by 3 internationally-renowned producers, the workshop will take place daily from October 9 to 17, 2016 in Lagos and Abuja.
The Workshop is targeted at practicing Nigerian music producers, who are above 18 years of age, with tangible experience in electronic music.
The working language of the workshop is English.
Experts for the Training
- AdegboyegaOyedele, (DJ Afrologic,Nigeria)
- Daniel Haaksman (Man Recordings, Germany)
- Jonathan Vigreux (Jon Attend, Salon Records,France)
- Wura Samba (Percussionist, Nigeria)
- Download and complete application form here: Application Form
- Proven experience producing electronic music (accessible online), previous experience with live performances is an advantage.
- Applicants must have their own equipment (i.e laptop, headphones, MIDI Controller,and other related gear.)
- Be proficient with electronic music production software such as Ableton Live, Apple Logic Pro, Fruity Loops and/or Avid Pro Tools
- Applicants must be above 18 years of age.
- All applicants must be resident in Nigeria
Deadline for Submissions
The deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday, September 18, 2016
Applications will be accepted via e-mail only. Completed applications must be submitted in one mail to the following organizers:
Please indicate “DJ/“electronic soundscapes” and state preferred location (Lagos or Abuja) in the subject line of the e-mail.
For More Information: