Application Deadline: 31st March 2015
The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme for the 2015/2016 academic year is open from 30 January 2015 until 31 March 2015 to receive applications from qualified candidates.
The Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme (TGSS) aims to build capacity in areas where Tullow’s host countries experience significant skills gaps, especially, but not exclusively, around these countries’ oil and gas industries. It is aligned with Tullow’s aim of supporting long-term socio-economic development in countries where it operates.
The Tullow Group Scholarships are vocational, technical and postgraduate scholarships available to individuals in Tullow’s operating countries in Africa and South America, and are managed by British Council.
Scholarships are available to those who are committed to making a contribution to their country’s development. The Scheme gives candidates a chance to receive a high standard of education from locally and internationally recognised institutions, which can then be applied in the scholar’s home country.
The TGSS sponsors candidates from various educational backgrounds through the following programmes:
- International Postgraduate Scholarships (Masters and Postgraduate diploma)
- Tullow Technical Training Scholarships
- Skills and Employability Training
Participating African Countries::
The participating countries and the type of awards are as follows:
- Ivory Coast
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen and be legally resident in participating country (Preference will be given to candidates that are ordinarily resident in Tullow’s operational areas and in the country of application)
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or Licence Professionnelle (second class lower or better) or an HND (second class upper or better)
- Must have a track record of success in their field of endeavour including but not limited to work experience in the area linked to their chosen course. Applicants from Tullow’s operational areas click here for more information
- Must not previously studied abroad or received an international scholarship
- Must have ambition, a strong personality, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate commitment to return to country and contribute to the future development of the country
- Must demonstrate a high level of competence in management, strategy and the ability to train and develop others
The scholarship will cover the following;
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend
- Travel costs
- A one-off warm clothing allowance
- Other allowances including baggage, gadget, thesis and study trip
Applicants must have on hand to submit when requested, original/certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic transcripts and certificates (and translations where relevant),
- Up-to-date information regarding employment background
- Details and letters from two (2) referees (professional or academic) in support of your application. If you are unable to attach letters from your referees, please ask them to write to us when requested.
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume
- Valid Passport
- Passport Photograph
- Proof of residency
For More Information: