Application Deadline: 28 March 2015
The Vodacom Change the World programme gives individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a Non Profit Organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months. If you have a degree and a passion to make a difference, use your skills to change the world- then Apply
The Vodacom Change the World programme was first introduced in 2011, giving individuals the opportunity to volunteer their time and skills to work at a non-profit organisation (NPO) for a period of 12 months, at no cost to the NPO. To date 40 volunteers with their 40 respective NPOs have successfully participated and each one of them has made a difference in the timethey worked with their NPO.
Through this programme, Vodacom contributes towards skills development and helps create a culture of volunteering through the transfer of human capital. By relieving NPOs of the burden of paying for the services of skilled volunteers with a passion to work for a good cause, the programme provides much-needed expertise to the NPO sector.
- You need to be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit for the Republic of South Africa;
- You need to be 18 years or older by the start date of the programme, i.e. on 1 July 2015.
- You need to have relevant qualifications and experience that will add value to the work of your chosen NPO.
- You would be available for work full-time for 12 months on-site with my selected Non Profit Organisation (NPO)
Before You Apply:
- Find and agree with a suitable NPO that it has a need for your skills for one year;
- Agree on a suitable monthly salary and basic working conditions with the chosen NPO for the period of the placement. Vodacom reserves the right to determine the final salary;
- Develop a plan, together with the chosen NPO on what you hope to achieve within the year at the NPO.
- Applications open on 28 January 2015;
- Applications close at 16:00 on 28 March 2015;
- Selection will take place during April and May 2015;
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of May 2015;
- Successful applicants must be available to attend a 3-day induction workshop in July 2015 in Johannesburg (further details on the venue will be provided);
- The placement with the NPO commences on 1 July 2015 until 30 June 2016.
For More Information: