Application Deadline: October 31st, 2014.
Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women (WAAW) Foundation is pleased to announce its 2015 scholarships, offering $500/year for need-based female African students admitted to a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. WAAW Foundation is a U.S. based non – profit organization focused on Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls, and works to ensure they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa.
- Female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Studying STEM related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- Demonstrable financial need, and
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Below the age of 32 years.
- Graduation date is after December of award year
- Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2015 academic year, or the equivalent in their country’s local currency.
- Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
The Application Process:
- WAAW will accept online applications from August 1 through October 31, 2014.
- Applications submitted prior to this date will not be received or reviewed. Scholarship applications are reviewed by the WAAW foundation Scholarship Committee, and awards are announced by March 2015.
- Application deadline is 12 midnight of October 31st, 2014. Instructions on how to apply are below.
How to Apply:
- Visit the WAAW foundation web site at http://www.waawfoundation.org/scholarships and
- complete the application form online.
- Follow the application instructions carefully. You must finish your application in one sitting.
- You will be required to write essays on your future career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarship will assist in fulfilling those goals.
- Two letters of recommendation,from academic mentors and or job supervisors are required
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required tomail current University transcripts directly to WAAW Foundation by February 10, 2015.
- Application documents must be submitted electronically via our online forms. We will not beaccepting paper applications this year.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to follow to Facebook at:http://www.facebook.com/waawfoundation
For More Information: