Submission Deadline: February 19 2015
Organizers: Microsoft, Thomson Reuters Foundation
Women make it happen. They are change makers, leaders, educators, and natural-born entrepreneurs. They lead by example and inspire entire generations. This year, the Trust Women Photo Award celebrates inspirational women who take the lead to further their families, communities and society at large.
Photographers and photojournalists are invited to submit images capturing the lives and stories of remarkable women around the world, who are achieving incredible things in their communities.
One selected photo will be showcased at the Trust Women Conference on November 9-10, 2015 in London. It is the annual international event organised by the Thomson Reuters Foundation and dedicated to the advancement of women’s rights and to the fight against human trafficking.
- Be sent a Microsoft Lumia 930 device and be required to capture additional photos using their device
- Receive a copy of the 2014 edition of the ‘Reuters Our World Now’ photobook
The voting period is the time to engage your friends, family and supporters to vote for your work! One photographer with the highest number of votes will:
- Automatically be included as the 10th finalist
- The prestigious Trust Women Photo Award
- A showcase of their photograph at the Trust Women Conference (taking place on November 9-10, 2015 in London)
- An all expenses paid trip to attend a Mobile Journalism training course
- The opportunity to have their portfolio reviewed by the Thomson Reuters Foundation multimedia team
- Exposure on Thomson Reuters Foundation, Trust Women, and Microsoft’s social channels
- An interview published on Thomson Reuters Foundation’s award-winning website trust.org
- Submit your best photograph that captures the theme: “Women Make It Happen” (one photo per participant)
- Thomson Reuters Foundation and Microsoft’s internal visual and creative teams will select 9 finalists; The Highest Voted is automatically the 10th finalist
*Round one submissions close on February 19th, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
- Each of the 10 finalists will be provided with a Microsoft Lumia 930 (known as a Lumia Icon in the U.S.) and will be required to submit a portfolio of 5 photos based on a new brief
- One photographer will be selected by Thomas Reuters Foundation, Microsoft and their judges to receive the prestigious Trust Women Photo Award along with additional prizing
*Round two submissions close on March 20th, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
- This opportunity is open worldwide to participants ages 18 and older.
- Due to shipping limitations, participants from the following markets are not eligible for prizing: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ghana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
- Participants must submit: photography (JPG or PNG, max size 5MB) which can be taken on any device.
- Photography submitted must be original (meaning not using third party copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity.
- When sharing on social media, please use the hashtag #WomenMakeItHappen.
- Participants must have a valid passport and be eligible to travel to the country where the ‘Mobile Journalism’ Course is taught (in English).
- The judges will select 9 finalists, plus the highest voted, who will need to upload their new images, taken on the Microsoft Lumia 930 that will be sent to them after the first round, to their Talenthouse profile.
- Artists must join Talenthouse using an active email address in order to ensure they can be contacted should they be selected.
- All submissions will feature as part of a global gallery with public voting on Facebook and Twitter.
- Talenthouse reserves the right to disqualify artists who we believe are cheating the voting system as this is against the spirit of the Creative Invite.
- Inappropriate, offensive and harmful submissions, as well as submissions that do not fit the brief, will be removed.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
Voting Starts: February 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Voting Ends: February 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM
10 Devices Sent: February 27, 2015Round Two Submit By: March 20, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Winner Announcement: March 23, 2015