Application Deadline: March 5, 2015 (11:59pm ET – Washington DC time) in five specialty areas:
Opportunity for talented and diverse young people to contribute and grow their skills as they launch a career in international development.
The World Bank Group Analyst Program is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems.
Through this structured three-year program, you will work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA).
- Passion to contribute to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity
- 28 years of age and under as of September 14, 2015
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by September 2015
- Up to three years of work experience in one or more specialty areas (see Application and Selection Process )
- Analytical thinking, proven academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential
- Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred
In addition, successful candidates must demonstrate the World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- Deliver results for clients
- Lead and innovate
- Collaborate within teams and across boundaries
- Create, apply and share knowledge
- Make smart decisions
- You will have the opportunity to contribute and grow your skills in areas ranging from analytics, research, data management, project management, communications, finance, and information technology.
- In addition, the program offers various cohort activities aimed to broaden your exposure to the work of the World Bank Group and develop leadership skills.
- Upon completion of the program, there may be opportunities for you to continue your career in the World Bank Group.
- Participants holding a Master’s degree who find the opportunity to continue their career at the WBG may also be eligible for advancement opportunities.
- Alternatively, you may leverage the experience you have gained to pursue further studies or other opportunities in international development.
How to Apply:
There are five speciality areas you can apply for:
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
- A select number of candidates will be contacted by end-March to submit additional information for consideration by the selection committee.
- Other candidates will receive an email to inform them that they have not been selected. Interviews will take place in April/May and offers will be made in June.
- Selected candidates will enter the World Bank Group as a cohort in September of each year.
For More Information: