Application Deadline: March 1st 2015
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships to German and foreign students in accordance with the guidelines issued by Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt).
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships is awarded to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences or universities of the arts.
- undergraduate scholarship for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen)
- graduate scholarships for international students
- scholarships for the journalism programme “Medienvielfalt, anders“
- doctoral scholarships for German and German-educated applicants (Bildungsinländer/innen)
- doctoral scholarships for international students
For an Undergraduate and Graduate Students:
- General student scholarships for German and German-educated applicants
- Student scholarship
- International students on a MASTERS course in any subject who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany and are studying, or wish to study, in Germany.
For Doctoral Students:
- Doctoral students in all subjects who earned their university entrance qualification in Germany.
- International doctoral students in all subjects who are non-EU citizens, who earned the university entrance qualification outside the EU, and who are pursuing, or wish to pursue, doctoral studies in Germany.
- Good or very good knowledge of German is required; you must supply documentary evidence.
- The selection workshops are generally held in German. If a scholarship is granted, intensive German courses may be funded.
- €750 per month, plus € 100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances (Non-EU citizens)
- €597 plus €300 book money per month (German and EU Citizens)
- For scholarship-holders only: Funding is available for limited periods spent abroad for purpose of study
For More Information: