Application Deadline: 1 December 2014
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s institutions.
Candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in the following eight institutions:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Institute of Education
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
- Specific requirements vary by the program and institution.
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$240,000 (approximately US$30,000) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (approximately US$1,300) per year to each awardee for a period of up to three years.
- More than 230 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2015/16 academic year.
- Eligible candidates should first make an Initial Application online to obtain a HKPFS Reference Number by 1 December 2014 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired institutions.
- After completing an initial application, applicants should submit full applications for their selected PhD programmes to the proposed institutions quoting their HKPFS Reference Number before the institutions’ deadlines, that are between 1 – 6 December 2014. Applicants may choose up to two programmes / departments at one or two institutions for PhD study under HKPFS 2015/16.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Hong Kong Fellowship Programme