Application Deadline: Varying
For the academic year 2015-2016 the Schools of Tilburg University have various scholarships available for excellent international students who are admitted to a (Research) Master’s program at Tilburg University (MA, MSc or LLM).
In many cases these scholarships partially cover living expenses and also work as a tuition waiver for the students paying an institutional fee (non-EU students).
The selection criteria for the majority of bursaries at Tilburg University are based on academic excellence of candidates. Other scholarships may require them to have diplomas of certain institutions, collaborating with the university within those scholarship programmes.
The Tilburg Law School Scholarships
The Tilburg Law School (TLS) offers the following two types of scholarships:
- TLS Montesquieu Scholarship, which is automatically awarded to all non-EEA students, admitted to the prestigious LLM Research Master in Law, and reduces a tuition fee by 85%; and
- TLS Global Scholarship for non-EEA students, graduated from the Tilburg University partner institutions. This bursary covers 25% of programmes cost and don’t require additional application from candidates.
TSB and TSH scholarships
The application deadline for TSB and TSH scholarships is 1st April 2015
In 2015-2016, the Tilburg School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (TSB) and the Tilburg School of Humanities (TSH) offer a total of 17 scholarships for both EEA and non-EEA students. To become a candidate for the grant, student must have an average grade of 8 (out of 10) or be in top 10% of class.
All scholarship holders receive € 5,000 per year to cover part of their living expenses, while students who are paying an institutional fee also receive a tuition waiver of € 9,000. These grants are awarded for one year of education and can be extended to the second year for the students with the excellent study results.
- Koopmans Scholarship is a full grant, awarded to non-Dutch excellent new students, joining Research Masters at TiSEM in the 1st or 2nd year. It worth € 1,000 per month and includes a tuition waiver for non-EU students. Application Deadline: 1st February 2015.
- CentER Scholarships are provided to TiSEM’s students of Research Masters, joining programme at the 1st or 2nd year. It worth € 420 net per month plus tuition waiver for non-EU students. The Application deadline: CentER scholarships is 1st February 2015.
- TiSEM Partner Scholarships are granted to students enrolled for one-year Master’s programmes at TiSEM with a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, obtained at one of Tilburg University partner institutions. The scholarship reduces study cost by € 3000.
- All students who start application to the International Master in Management and IT (IMMIT) programme before 1st of April, are automatically considered candidates for the IMMIT scholarship. Five of these bursaries are available for EU and non-EU students in 2015-2016 year, ranging from € 500 to € 2,800 depending on student’s financial capacity and study results. The second-year non-EU students also receive a tuition waiver worth € 4098.
- Excellence Scholarships are designed for the students who obtained the Bachelor’s degree at Tilburg University. Scholarship holders receive a € 2,500 grant and up to € 5,000 tuition waiver.
For More Information: