Application Deadline: 5:00PM 20 November 2015
The AKS Graduate Fellowship is one of The Graduate School of Korean Studies(GSKS) in the Academy of Korean Studies non-degree programs which invites and supports international students for six months, providing them with a momentum to grow to be a next generation of promising scholars in Korean studies and to play a leading role in the field abroad.
Applications for the 2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship for the period from 1 March 2016 to 31 August 2016 (or from 1 September 2016 to 28 February 2017) are now being sought. Those who aspire to widen and deepen their knowledge of Korea by conducting research at our graduate school in one of the most dynamic countries in the world are very welcome to apply.
- An applicant must be a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea’s elementary, middle, high school and college education.
- As of the application deadline, applicants must meet one of the following conditions :
① Applicants are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
② Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
③ Applicants were conferred a master’s degree at an overseas university.
- As of the application deadline, applicants must reside in a foreign country outside of Korea.
- An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
- Application Form (Prescribed form downloadable at intl.aks.ac.kr/english)
※ Applicants should designate one of the AKS professors whose specialty is most relevant to their research topic as their academic advisor, referring to the list of the AKS’ faculty members at http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=19. The GSKS will designate an appropriate professor as an academic advisor for those who do not choose one.
- Certificate of Graduation and official transcripts for a bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment (or Coursework Completion or Graduation) and official transcripts for a master’s degree
- Certificate of Enrollment (or Coursework Completion) and official transcripts for a doctoral degree (if applicable)
- Research Plan (3 pages in length with a free format)
- Personal Statement (2 pages in length with a free format)
- A Letter of Recommendation
- Official transcripts for the Korean language proficiency test (TOPIK) or English language proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS or TEPS) (if applicable)
- A copy of the first two pages of the applicant’s passport
- Two color ID photos (3.5cmX4.5cm) taken within the recent 6 months
- Application Deadline : 5:00PM 20 November 2015
- Selection Result Announcement (AKS website(intl.aks.ac.kr/english) – Notice) : 6:00PM 24 December 2015