Application Deadline: July 15th 2017
If you are a visionary leader, who aims to generate new ideas for social change in areas like education, women’s rights, social entrepreneurship, youth, corporate social responsibility, and human rights, apply now
The Lazord partners are pleased to announce the opening of applications to become a 2017-2018 Lazord Fellow. As a Lazord Fellow, you would be joining a multi-dimensional program that seeks to empower its fellows to develop a critical understanding of civic engagement, and improve their leadership and technical skills for their future careers, regardless of the sector. The program achieves its mission through offering mentoring, providing job opportunities in organizations striving to advance the common good, and creating enriched educational opportunities.
The Lazord fellowship has been running since 2010, when it began in Egypt. It currently has chapters in Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia, working with over 50 organizations. The fellowship is a year-long regional program that includes a chance for the chapters and fellows in Egypt, Jordan and Tunisia to meet all together twice a year. After a competitive recruitment effort, fellows are selected in each of the 3 countries and placed for one year in a local organization. The fellows receive trainings provided by the local Lazord representative as well as mentorship to help them realize their full potential as responsible leaders.
The Lazord Foundation is pleased to announce that for the first time are including applicants that meet the criteria below coming from: Syria, Yemen, Palestine, Iraq, Sudan,Libya.
- For public universities graduates: Open to all graduates from any branch;
- For private university graduates: need-based scholarship granted for at least 2 years;
- Having graduated in 2015 or after;
- Proven record of being civically engaged;
- Ready to commit to a one year full-time fellowship starting September 2017;
- Be available to attend the annual regional retreat in Jordan from September 16th to September 22nd;
- Be a resident of the country of the Fellowship you are applying to.
- be hosted for 1 year in a local non-profit organization as a full-time employee;
- receive a living stipend (based on the country) and a modest housing stipend (based on the fellow’s placement and needs);
- be offered a minimum of 10 training sessions by influential civil society leaders and professional trainers on an array of topics surrounding civil society, entrepreneurship management, leadership, team building, business skills and much more;
- receive monthly mentoring sessions with professionals mentors with civil society experience;
- have networking opportunities with professionals and influential individuals from all sectors – both local and international;
- males applying from Egypt have to either be exempted from military service, already received the certificate of exemption or be done with their service;
- attend the annual opening and closing retreats with the regional cohort of fellows from all 3 countries.
- July 15th: Deadline for fellows
- July 30th: Interviews begin
- August 10th to 15th: Fellows receive notification of acceptance/rejection
- August 30th: Matchmaking process between fellows and host organizations start
- September 17th to 21st: Annual retreat for fellows
- October 1st: Placement starts
- September 2018 – End of program
For more information and to apply, please contact your local Lazord partner listed below:
- Egypt: Gerhart Center – Rola Tarek – [email protected] APPLY
- Jordan: INJAZ – Thourya Ibrahim – [email protected] APPLY
- Tunisia: UTIL – Moez Ali – [email protected] APPLY
For More Information: