Application Deadline: June 30, 2015.
Ford Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y
Wednesday, May 25 – Thursday, June 16, 2016
Applications accepted only from citizens and residents of: Bangladesh, Brazil, People’s
Republic of China, Cuba, Detroit, Michigan (USA), India, Israel, Jordan, Mozambique, and the
Russian Federation. No additions/exceptions will be made.
Each year, a group of 20-25 emerging leaders from different regions of the world are selected to
become Ford Fellows of 92nd Street Y. The program includes a three-week residency in New
York City and ongoing communication before and after the residency via telephone and email.
Fellows are expected to complete reading, writing and group assignments prior to their
residency to maximize the value of their fellowship experience and after their residency to
evaluate its impact and success.
A successful applicant must demonstrate that he or she:
- is a community leader engaged in the nonprofit sector, either professionally or as a volunteer;
- is successfully addressing issues that affect the community’s well-being; and
- would benefit from an intensive three-week nonprofit management training course in New York.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, with several years of leadership experience.
- 92Y seek candidates from a variety of backgrounds with the aim of creating a group of Fellows who will work well together and offer a diversity of views and experiences. Candidates should be emerging leaders addressing issues whose resolution can have a significant positive impact on their communities, on their countries, and—collectively—on the world.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluency in English, have valid passports, and have regular access
to a computer and the Internet. They may not be current recipients of other fellowships.
FEES AND SERVICES COVERED
- Airfare, accommodation, food, transportation, instruction, and other program-related expenses are included in the fellowship.
- Each participant receives a stipend upon arrival.
- 92nd Street Y and Ford Motor Company have high expectations of participants in the Ford
Motor Company International Fellowship of 92nd Street Y.
- At a minimum, the following expectations apply:
- Fellows are obliged to complete written assignments and required reading prior to and following their residency in New York.
COMMITMENT WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM
- Fellows are expected to arrive Wednesday, May 25, one day before the program start date.
Fellows must be active participants in all aspects of the program.
- The curriculum is rigorous, and Fellows may not exempt themselves from group activities. Participants will have very limited opportunities to relax, explore New York City, or arrange meetings that are not part of the program. (Fellows may also arrive before May 25 or stay after June 16 at their own expense.)
- 92Y expect Fellows to remain involved in the program as mentors for future Fellows and as
participants in a growing global network of community leaders.
Applications must be postmarked or emailed by June 30, 2015.
*PLEASE NOTE: Only applications from the 2015 participating countries–Bangladesh, Brazil,
People’s Republic of China, Cuba, Detroit, Michigan (USA), India, Israel, Jordan, Mozambique,
and the Russian Federation–will be considered.
The countries change each year and are announced at www.92Y.org/ford by the end of December.
If you are eligible for the program and wish to apply, please complete the enclosed application
form and email to: [email protected]
For More Information: