Application Deadline: January 11, 2016
If you have the skills, passion and determination to be a journalist of the future – a trained professional who knows a good story and who has the talent and confidence to tell it in a way that best imparts its relevance and importance to news consumers – the Hearst Fellowship might be perfect for you.
This is the premier two-year newspaper fellowship in the country. The goal is to recruit, train and retain the best of the next generation of journalists – top-notch multi-media professionals with a broad range of skills.
The program consists of two 12-month rotations at our top metro papers and websites. Fellows are full-fledged journalists expected to make significant, valuable contributions in a variety of roles and platforms. There is no better place to start.
- Candidates should be college graduates or others with interest, experience or background in journalism or related fields. T
- hose selected will have hands-on experience and access to leaders in the field.
- Foreign nationals may apply, but the program does not sponsor visas.
All uploaded application packets should be in PDF format and should adhere to the following naming convention for uploading: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, as in JONES, JOHN PAUL. Please make every effort to include all materials, with the exception of reference letters, in one download. If a second is necessary, please mark it — ADD [date]
Each completed digital package should contain:
- Completed one-page application form
- One-page resume, including:
- Academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Permanent and current addresses
- Email, website and social media addresses
- On a separate page:
- Three work/character references, including titles, email addresses and phone numbers
- Hot links to digital work samples
- Cover letter no longer than two pages highlighting your qualifications and making your case for becoming a Hearst Fellow
- Two letters of recommendation. These may be submitted with the package or emailed separately to email@example.com.
January 11, 2016: Final deadline for all application materials
March 2016: Finalists for Fellowship notified
April 2016: Finalists interview in Houston and Fellows are selected
August 2016: Next class of Fellows begins its first rotation
For More Information: