The scholarship fund is designed to create an environment for affording marginalized youth with excellent academic background, an opportunity to further their studies. Financial support will be provided to youth who pursue full time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labor planning frameworks of the country.
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student in the courses listed in the table above
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
Priority of Study
- Development Studies
- Supply Chain Management
- Scholarship Worth:
The following costs are covered by the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship:· Tuition· Accommodation· Meals· Study BooksParticipating Institutions:For the 2016 Academic year, only public Universities and Universities of Technology will participate. This does NOT include FET and TVET colleges.
How to apply?
It is the responsibility of the applicant to fully complete the online application form, including submitting all necessary documents which need to accompany the application.
For More Information: