Submission Deadline: 29 MAY 2016
PLURAL + is a joint initiative between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations and the International Organization for Migration, with a network of over 50 partner organizations, who support the creative efforts of young people and distribute their videos worldwide.
Since 2009 almost 1,300 entries from 90 countries have participated. Winning videos have been screened in dozens of festivals, cinemas and broadcast on television networks throughout the world. With your help, we hope to widen the impact of PLURAL+ even further.
PLURAL + is a youth-produced video festival which encourages young people to explore migration, diversity and social inclusion, and to share their creative vision with the world.
Each year, since 2009, a prestigious international jury selects three PLURAL+ International Jury Award winners in each age category (up to 12, 13-17, 18-25).
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be of maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+.
- Only minimal roles of any adults (over the age of 25) involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) is acceptable (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.). It is understood that particularly for the age group of up to 12 years, educators could have a more substantial role in the production of the video.
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the entrant who has a primary role in the creation of the video.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of IOM, UNAOC and the jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter.
- All videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc. The entrant may also choose to mail a DVD of the video entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be five (5) minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
- The International Jury Award winners will receive $1,000 as well as be invited to New York, all travel expenses paid, to present their work at the PLURAL + 2016 Festival Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in November 2016.
- PLURAL+ partner organizations will also award other prizes and professional opportunities to over 20 of the best videos submitted, partners award winning videos will be invited to present their work at film and video festivals, conferences and events around the world.
Prizes and Awards
- The PLURAL+ JURY AWARD prizes will be awarded in three (3) age-based categories:
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
- The PLURAL+ Jury Awards will be awarded to one entrant per category and will be selected by an independent international jury.
The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000 after the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony
- One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in the fall of 2016. Only a youth entrant with one chaperone for each winning video will be flown to New York.
- Additional awards may be given by PLURAL+ partners and may include equipment, travel or professional opportunities. IOM and UNAOC or PLURAL+ bear no responsibility regarding partner awards. See past partner awards here.
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and possibly DVD.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than 15 August 2016.
- A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media in the Fall of 2016 in New York.
- Packages containing DVD entries must be posted by Sunday, 29 May 2016.
- File hosting website must be received by the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival before Midnight (New York City Time GMC -5hours) on Sunday, 29 May 2016.
- Entries received after this time will not be considered for PLURAL+ 2016 . Please make sure that you leave ample time for your video to arrive in New York.
For More Information: