Application Deadline: November 13th 2015
2016/2017 Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowship Grants for Women in Science.
The Schlumberger Foundation is accepting new applications for the 2016-2017 Faculty for the Future Fellowships from September 14th to November 12th, 2015.
The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or Post-doctorate studies in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines at leading universities worldwide.
The long-term goal of the program is to generate conditions that result in more women pursuing academic careers in STEM disciplines thus contributing to the socio-economic development of their home countries and regions.
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD 50,000 per year and may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation, recommendation from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans into the home country.
- You are a female and a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy.
- You are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in the physical sciences, engineering, technology and related disciplines
- Candidates must hold an excellent academic record and illustrate their commitment to teaching and research or to using their scientific knowledge in public policy advocacy.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership skills, community outreach interest and have a track record in encouraging young women into the STEM fields.
- Candidates should also prove their commitment to returning to their home countries to contribute to the economic, social and technological advancement of their regions, pursing careers in the teaching and research faculties of their home institutions and also taking positions in the public sector.
For More Information: