Application Deadline: September 14 2014
Peace Child International and the Ministry for Youth and Youth Employment of the Republic of Guinea are proud to announce the 7th World Youth Congress – incorporating the 2nd International Youth Job Creation Summit and the Green Economy Eco-Business Innovations Challenge (GEEBIZ).
To be hosted in Conakry from 11-21 November 2014, it will be the first World Youth Congress in Sub-Saharan Africa, the first to host a High Level segment between youth and government ministers and donor agency leaders and the first to focus on the youth unemployment crisis.
• Young Entrepreneurs – young people who have started and are running a business;
• Young Media Professionals – youth working in TV, Print, radio, photography or online media. The Youth Media group run the Congress Newspaper, Blog & Youtube channel
• Young Educators: young teachers / youth workers who teach global issues, and introduce entrepreneurship and green economy issues to their students;
Young Artists: to feature in the Boulev’Art – but also young artists who feature global challenges in their work;
• Young leaders – youth in elected office who have driven international agendas, run campaigns, delivered policy changes etc.
• Young Observers – youth who have not yet done very much but passionately want to come
and learn how to do more
All youth delegates leave with a Personal Action Plan (PAP) of things that they commit to their peers that they will do when they get home.
The Congress managers maintain a website where each PAP is tracked to celebrate the ones that are achieved, and to learn from those that fail. And – of course -w the Congress Facebook page keeps the family of delegates to each Congress together for many months and years after each Congress is over.