Application Deadline: December 1st 2014
- Master’s/First Professional Degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000
Every year, The American Association of University Women (AAUW) awards fellowships and grants to more than 200 women. The program provides support for one year of graduate or postgraduate study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents. (Women holding dual citizenship in the U.S. and another country are not eligible.) Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work. Fellowships are available for study in the U.S.
A limited number of awards are available to women who are members of the International Federation of University Women (List of IFUW Member Organizations) for study in any country other than their own.
Up to five International Master’s/First Professional Degree Fellowships will be renewable for a second year; renewal instructions will be provided to fellows during their fellowship year.
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship in a country other than the United States (dual citizenship is not allowed) or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by September 30, 2014.
- Intention to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intention to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree and Doctoral applicants must have applied by December 1, 2014, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as JD, MFA, LLM, M.Arch., or medical degrees such as MD, DDS., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., DBA, MD) or an MFA by December 1, 2014; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree and Doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
Deadline for online submission of application
December 1, 2014, by 5:00 p.m., Central Time
December 8, 2014, by 5:00 p.m., Central Time
Notification of awards mailed to all applicants. Fellows and Grantees posted on AAUW’s website. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.