- About 65% of Africa’s population is below the age of 35 years,
- Over 35% are between the ages of 15 and 35 years.
- Africa is the most youth full continent.
- By 2020, it is projected that out of 4 people, 3 will be on average 20 years old.
- About 10 million young African youth arrive each year on the labor market (ILO 2008).
- WITH almost half of its population under the age of 25; about 75 percent below 35 years, it is estimated that by 2050, Africa will account for 29 percent of all people aged 15 to 24,
six of the 10 fastest-growing economies in the world are in sub-Saharan Africa.
Why OFA was started?
Africa is the most youth continent and it has the six of the 10 fastest-growing economies in the world. The Youth Unemployment level in the continent is very critical, OFA is a means of connecting young Africans to the right opportunities around the globe.
Opportunities for Africans (OFA) is an online information portal that seeks to connect Africans to the latest life changing opportunities.
The Opportunities for Africans portal hosts life changing opportunities such as scholarships, fellowships, internships, conferences, jobs, competitions, Volunteering and other life changing Opportunities for Africans.
The OFA portal was created with the aim of helping Africans achieve their potential by seizing the latest opportunities around the Globe.
Team Lead – Lanre Dahunsi @
- WSA Young Innovators
- eLearning Africa
- Global Education Conference
- Thought For Food (TFF) Foundation
- Yale Young African Scholars Program
- Teach a Man to Fish
To Update us on the latest opportunities for Africans :
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/opportunitiesforafricans
OFA on Twitter: https://twitter.com/oppsforafricans