Application Deadline: 23:59 GMT on Sunday 13 January 2019.
Public Health: from a small island state to the global community
University of Mauritius, 14-22 July 2019
Join the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) in Mauritius for a week of expert lectures by local and international speakers, social events, engaging and challenging group project work, and field trips to key locations related to public health. Developed by senior University of Mauritius subject specialists, the programme is set to broaden your knowledge, develop your skills, provide opportunities for networking and much more.
On top of all this, you’ll have the chance to immerse yourself in Mauritian culture, including a full-day excursion to heritage sites and beauty spots, and the chance to attend the opening ceremony of the 2019 Indian Ocean Island Games.
Students often tell us they find participating in the Summer School to be a life-changing experience. It’s a small and friendly event capped at 45 participants, ensuring each participant can be actively involved during the programme.
- The summer school is open to both current postgraduate (Master’s and PhD) and final-year undergraduate students at both ACU member universities and non-member universities in Commonwealth countries.
- The event is multi-disciplinary: it is appropriate both for those studying fields relating to public health, and students from other disciplines.
- Students who have previously attended an ACU Summer School are not eligible to apply.
The registration fee covers full Summer School participation including field trips, hotel accommodation, most meals and airport pick-ups. It does not include flights or the cost of visas and vaccinations.
- GBP £400 for students from member universities
- GBP £500 for students from non-members
A limited number of bursaries are available for students from member universities.
How to apply
Read more about the application process and apply here.
Applications close at 23:59 GMT on Sunday 13 January 2019. Applicants will be contacted by the end of March.
For More Information: