Application Deadline: August 31, 2023.
AERC wishes to announce the 2023/2024 Ph.D. scholarships for applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries admitted into any of the following AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics degree-awarding universities:
|University of Cape Town, South Africa||University of Witwatersrand, South Africa|
|University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania||University of Nairobi, Kenya|
|University of Ibadan, Nigeria||University of Benin, Nigeria|
|University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon||University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin|
|Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire|
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP universities;
- Have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university;
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics;
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage;
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage; and
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above; and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is August 31, 2023.
For More Information: