Application Deadline: 15 November 2015, 11.59PM GMT +3
In the framework of the Earth Science Education Initiative in Africa, UNESCO has facilitated the setting up the African Network of Earth Science Institutions (ANESI) to promote high quality research and training through collaboration and partnership among Earth science institutions.
The Researcher Exchange Programme is one of the core capacity building activities with the objective to increase the mobility of scientists. The programme is funded in the general framework of 2014-2017 Programme Cooperation Agreement between UNESCO and the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida).
This call targets
- African Earth science institutions in need of Lecturers for specific courses or visiting scientist to build capacity in a specific area of research in Earth sciences;
- African Earth science researchers willing to use a research facility in another African institution.
- The exchange program duration is minimum two weeks and maximum one month.
- A maximum grant of 2000 USD/researcher will cover the travel and subsistence costs.
- In cases where the travel is for laboratory analysis, ANESI may cover some additional costs (not exceeding 1,000 USD) after evaluating the proposal, though ANESI encourages host institutions to share these costs.
- For researchers/lecturers,be affiliated to an Earth science African institution for;
- For institutions, have identified the lecturer to be invited. Institutions are encouraged to take advantage of the availability of some retirees from academic institutions abroad offering to spend a few weeks lecturing in African universities.
- If the applicant is a researcher,
- A detailed proposal describing the activity to be undertaken and explaining how the programme will help advancing his/her research (5 pages maximum ); please include the applicant’s and the supervisors’ contacts in both home and proposed host institutions (e-mail and phone);
- The Applicant’s CV;
- A formal endorsement letter from the home institution;
- A formal approval letter from the host institution. If the applicant is an institution,
- A detailed proposal describing the activity to be undertaken and explaining how the programme will help advancing the teaching and/or research in the applying institution (5 pages maximum);
- The formal approval to deliver the specific course if the applicant is an institution;
- The CV of the lecturer or the visiting scientist
Send your application to ANESI Secretari at , UNESCO Nairobi: firstname.lastname@example.org