Application Deadline: 7 April 2022
The AIG Public Leaders Programme offers emerging African public sector leaders a unique opportunity to develop their leadership capacity and acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to drive change. Run in conjunction with the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government, the programme offers an immersive, world-class executive education experience, led by some of the world’s leading governance experts and teachers.
The AIG Public Leaders Programme is designed to ensure these senior public leaders, and those moving into senior leadership in the public sector over the next three to seven years, master a range of new skills as quickly as possible.
This elite educational programme offers participants an unparalleled opportunity to develop the conceptual frameworks and practical tools they need to meet the challenges of today’s rapidly changing and complex world.
The teaching faculty on the programme includes some of the world’s leading governance experts and teachers, who directly influence policy at international organisations such as the World Economic Forum, the World Health Organization, and the United Nations Development Programme. Programme participants therefore have the opportunity to develop a worldwide network of high-ranking, forward-thinking mentors and colleagues.
Only the best public sector executives from across Africa will be selected to participate in this programme. Candidates will be chosen based on their public sector experience and achievements, proven leadership qualities, intellectual abilities, personal motivations and ambitions.
To be eligible for consideration candidates must:
- Be citizens of any African country and actively working within the public sector in Africa
- Have a minimum of 7 years of active service in the public sector
- Be at Directorate level
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership qualities and abilities
- Be endorsed by the Head of Ministry/ Department/ Agency where the candidate works
- Please note that the final decision on the selection of participants rests with the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
Graduates will be transformed by the skills and insights they acquire – skills they need to effectively and efficiently perform their roles in the public service. They will gain the know-how to share these skills and insights within their organisation and with the broader public sector, and will strengthen their ability to respond to six challenges that face all leaders of public institutions:
- Making tough decisions while managing the biases that distort decisions made under pressure
- Improving the ability of their organisation to deliver outcomes that matter to the people they serve
- Building a culture of integrity in their organisation and sector
- Communicating effectively within the organisation they serve, across government, and with diverse public audiences and partners
- Creating effective partnerships with businesses with social-sector organisations and negotiating internationally across sectors to deliver better services, produce better outcomes, and advance the public interest.
- Adapting to changing digital technology and harnessing its benefits while managing the challenges of cyber threats
Programme fee: This programme is offered at no cost to eligible public sector employees who are successful in the application process
• Please note that the final decision on the selection of participants rests with the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford
• Session dates: October 2022 to March 2023
• Location: Online and Abuja, Nigeria
• Application deadline: Thursday, 7 April 2022
Admission to this elite programme is selective and based on professional achievements, organisational responsibilities and personal motivation.
If you require further information about the programme, please contact: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AIG Public Leaders Programme 2022