Application Deadline: October 26th 2016
A program aimed at engaging resourceful Student Ambassadors to lead Andela campaigns and events in their universities and communities to create awareness about Andela and contribute to the development of technology leaders in Africa.
Andela is developing a community of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and the highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Being an Andela Student Ambassador requires an understanding of the Andela Fellowship, its model of operation and ethos. It takes someone who can lead, inspire others and get things done. The Andela Student Ambassador aspires to accomplish beyond what is expected and is passionate and enthusiastic about software development. As an Andela Student Ambassador, you will work with the Andela team to tailor program initiatives to campus-specific opportunities.
You are an ideal candidate if you are comfortable planning and frequently presenting, already connected with groups and organizations on campus, and are excited to expand your network even further. This is more than just a campus job—it’s a chance to get your work experience off to an incredible start by helping Andela identify, develop and foster talent in your community. As an Andela Student Ambassador, you will also have the opportunity to:
- Help promote and grow our community
- Plan and host events on campus on behalf of Andela
- Act as a campus contact for Andela teams
- Help Andela better understand the culture at your university
Benefits of Joining
- Preparation for leadership roles
- Potential for an internship with Andela, based on performance
- Observe Andela Bootcamp sessions
- Participate in Andela events
- Access to branded Andela merchandise
- Significant marketing experience
- Jumpstart your professional career
- Invest 10 hours monthly in Andela-related initiatives and activities
- Plan four (4) Andela events over a period of 12 months (1 per quarter)
- Create an Andela ListServ for your university
- Attain deep understanding of Andela and our program
- Act as liaison between Andela and other communities on and off campus
Criteria for Eligibility
- Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study
- Strong network with student organizations
- Must be at least a 300 level student
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Participants can apply at any time until October 26th, 2016. The Program typically runs for 1 year. However, Andela reserves the sole discretion to end the program earlier.
Please submit 2 recommendation letters (1 from faculty member and the second from prior internship experience or another faculty member) to [email protected]