Application Deadline: 4th February 2018
The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya, in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD1) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme and African university partners, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for PhD scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS).
The primary objective of ARPPIS is to prepare young researchers from Africa to compete in an internationally competitive research environment within national, regional and international research programmes. At icipe, ARPPIS scholars are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year PhD programme that includes research, training, developing research partnerships, and scientific meetings and international conferences. Scholars conduct their innovative research at icipe’s laboratories and at field sites located in various agro-ecological zones.
- Twelve ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships are available to nationals of sub-Saharan countries for the following projects: LIST OF PROJECTS
- The scholarships cover all costs of the PhD programme, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs.
- Successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with an ARPPIS partner university in Africa after they start the PhD programme at icipe.
- The ARPPIS PhD programme will commence from September 2018.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa. However, some country restrictions apply. See LIST OF PROJECTS for more details.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper division.
- A Master’s degree taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project.
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 36 years (men) or 40 years (women) by 31st December 2018.
- Additional specific entrance requirements will be considered for admission depending on the eligible PhD project(s) selected by the candidate. For information on applicant requirements for each project go to: LIST OF PROJECTS
- A working knowledge of English (written & spoken).
- Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents. Note: please start the application process as soon as possible, especially if some of the supporting documents are difficult to obtain.
Full instructions and online application: http://cbid.icipe.org/apps/arppis_application_2018/index.php
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2018
[…] The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya, in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD1) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme and African university partners, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for PhD scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS). […]