Application Deadline: June 24th 2018
The Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is a programme for young change-makers from African countries and Germany, organised by Engagement Global with its ASA Programme within the framework of the African German Youth Initiative (AGYI). The format was launched successfully in 2016 and takes place once a year, alternately in Germany and in an African country. This year’s event will take place in Stuttgart, Germany from 22 to 26 October and is organised in partnership with Baden Württemberg Foundation for Development Cooperation and Social Impact.
The Autumn School is driven by the vision of a transition towards a more sustainable economy. As a learning platform it enables the participants to extend their knowledge about different aspects of sustainable entrepreneurship, maximise their social impact, share their locally acquired best practices and creative approaches with each other, and become part of an international network of young people sharing the same spirit of sustainability.
The Autumn School 2018 is aimed at up to 25 sustainable entrepreneurs addressing social and environmental issues through digitalisation, and who are interested in improving their business models and in maximising their impact. The format is particularly suited for entrepreneurs who are in the early implementation phase of their project.
Participants of the Autumn School will…
- get to know more about the life and work of other young changemakers from African countries and Germany;
- acquire useful tools to further develop their business;
- exchange resources and experiences and set the base for long-term virtual or regional exchange;
- gain support and motivation to act as drivers of change for sustainable entrepreneurship in their own region;
- be part of ASA’s extended alumni and partner network.
Contents of the Autumn School
- Virtual preparatory phase where participants are supported by Autumn School alumni to find solutions to their main business challenges;
- Inspiring expert inputs and discussions on sustainable business and sustainability issues;
- Peer-to-peer sessions where participants convene and learn from each other and from invited international guests;
- Meetings with Strategic Partners where participants can critically discuss their business plans;
- Field visits to selected projects in Stuttgart and the surrounding area;
- Networking event on sustainable business for participants and external guests featuring workshops, pitches, market place…
Organisation and Application
- The participation in the Autumn School is free of charge.
- The ASA Programme will bear the expenses for travel and accommodation (for six nights) for all selected participants.
- Participants will furthermore be assisted with the organisation of their travels, accommodation and with their visa application.
The deadline for applications for the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship is 24 June 2018. The number of participants is limited to 25.
A confirmation letter for those accepted will be sent out in the course of July.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Autumn School for Sustainable Entrepreneurship Programme 2018